215 art works (installations, performances and a concert) created by 187 artistes coming from 38 countries: Algeria, Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Egypt, Spain, France, Germany, Great Britain, Irak, Italy, Kazakhstan, Iran, Japan, Lebanon, Macedonia, Malta, Morocco, Netherlands, Palestine, Porto Rico, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Scotland, Serbia, South Korea, Sweden, Syrie, Tunisia, Turkey, USA, Venezuela.
Since 1988, the festival Les Instants Vidéo is an event dedicated to video, digital and poetic arts (monobands, installations, performances, multimedia…). It takes place every November in Marseilles Friche la Belle de Mai , but either before or after, we act in concert with partners to organise the festival stopovers in other spaces in Marseille, the Region…and abroad. We like to name the whole stopovers a poetronic constellation. There is no competition, the entrance is open and free, as well as the call for participation open from January to June. It is all together a festival and a laboratory where international renowned artists and works of arts can meet with works that are more fragiles, still in progress, delicates.
This edition is special as it will be the last one to be artistically run by the founder of the festival, Marc Mercier. The festival will be the threshold of another era an experience born 34 years ago.
From November 3, to February, 13 you are invited to follow us in our local and international itinerary : exhibitions, screening programs, performances, encounters.
The Festival will take place this year,
- Ephemeral Popular Galleries Hotel Le Ryad, ADPEI, & SARA in Marseille – November, 4 to February, 13
- Videodrome 2 (49 cours Julien, 13006) –November, 5 (06.00pm)
- IMFRTS (Institut Méditerranée de Formation et Recherche en Travail social) (13 rue Chappe, 13004) – November, 9
- Friche la Belle de Mai, Cartonnerie for the international encounters – November 10 to 13
- and for the exhibition – November, 12 to February, 13
- School of Art (Rue Emile Tavan) – November, 3
and further away
- Quebec, Le Lieu, Centre en art actuel – September, 9 to 18
- Italia, Milan , [.BOX] Videoart project space – November, 10 to 25
- On line, Visual Container TV – Novembre, 10 to December, 1
- Morocco, Casablanca, FIAV (Video art Festival of Casablanca) – November, 23 to 27
- Argentina, Buenos-Aires, Video Bardo Festival – November, 25 to December 3
All the festival is accessible to people with reduced mobility. We try our best to welcome you. Please contact us if you wish to prepare your visit.
For groups, we offer a conversation tour of our exhibition. Get in touch to book yours with Tiffanie Taveau: 04.95.04.96.24 email@example.com
A sustainable approach
Since quite long now, the festival is engaged in a sustainable and inclusive approach : local and responsible suppliers, waste sorting, environmental footprint reduction (eco-friendly and public transportation), an integrated communication and an “Imprim’Vert” certified printer, the use of bio-degradable or recyclable materials (plates, cutlery…).
In the same spirit, there is no VIP service, nor competition between artists….
Our commitment in term of ecology is just a part of larger effort in favour of a Human sustainable developpement: it follows the ethical, political and poetical commitment that is also guiding our aesthetic choices as well as the kind of relations we want to weave with our «audiences», our partners and within our association.
To meet us
Friche Belle de Mai
Pedestrian entrance: 41 rue Jobin – 13003 Marseille
Bus : lines n°49 et n°52, stop Belle de Mai La Friche
After 8pm: bus 582, from Canebière-Bourse station,every 40 minutes. Last departure from La Friche around midnight.
Bicycle station 2321 at the entrance
Car park : rue Francois Simon – 13003 Marseille