Since 1988, the festival Les Instants Vidéo is an event dedicated to video, digital and poetic arts (monobands, installations, performances, multimedia…). It takes place every November in Marseilles Friche la Belle de Mai , but either before or after, we act in concert with partners to organise the festival stopovers in other spaces in Marseille, the Region…and abroad. We like to name the whole stopovers a poetronic constellation. There is no competition, the entrance is open and free, as well as the call for participation open from January to June. It is all together a festival and a laboratory where international renowned artists and works of arts can meet with works that are more fragiles, still in progress, delicates.
The 33rd Festival Les Instants Vidéo will take place this year,
in Marseille and Aix:
- Marseille, Videodrome 2 (49 cours Julien, 13006) – November 11
- Friche la Belle de Mai, Marseille/exhibition – November 12 / January 3
- Ephemeral Popular Galleries ADPEI (18 boulevard Camille Flammarion), & SARA in Marseille – from November 13 to 27
- Aix-en-Provence School of Art (Rue Emile Tavan) – November 5
- Lucca (Italy) for the 5th Festival Over The Real – between September 25 and October, 4
- Milan (Italy), [.BOX] Galerie – November 10 to 26
- Visual Container TV – November 12 / December 16
- Casablanca (Morocco) for the FIAV – November 24 to 28 – on line
To welcome you
All the festival is accessible to people with reduced mobility.
We try our best to welcome you. Please contact us if you wish to prepare your visit.
For groups, we offer a conversation tour of our exhibitions.
From December 16 2020 to January 29, 2021we can welcome groups and individuals for a conversation-tour of the exhibitions. These visits are an invitation to discover la Friche and to meet an artworks selection of the exhibition. The relation to video art and contemporary art takes a more discreet and intimate form. Here, audience is no more in front of a screen, but immersed in a multidimensional and multi-sensorial space. It is not only the eyes and ears that will be stimulate, but the whole body will be at work.
Contact: Tiffanie Taveau: 04.95.04.96.24 – firstname.lastname@example.org
To meet us
Friche Belle de Mai
Pedestrian entrance: 41 rue Jobin – 13003 Marseille
Bus : lines n°49 et n°52, stop Belle de Mai La Friche
After 8pm: bus 582, from Canebière-Bourse station,every 40 minutes. Last departure from La Friche around midnight.
Bicycle station 2321 at the entrance
Entrance for cars and Parking : rue Francois Simon – 13003 Marseille