Les Instants Vidéo Numériques et poétiques is a non-profit art organisation (association law 1901) that inherited from the international Festival Les Instants Vidéo founded in 1988 in Manosque and based in Marseille since 2004.
Our project Thought & practice of images is developed around two priorities that overlap, interact and enrich one another, and which links are inseparable and unbreakable: one is artistic and the other in related to cultural & poetical rights.
On the artistic level, our task is to report publicly on the evolution of digital and video art creation either by the presentation of works, or with poetical and theoretical contributions, to support and promote artistic creation and to enhance the visibility of emerging artists locally as well as internationally, to develop and sustain long-standing and occasional partnerships with artistic and cultural organisations, to build lasting relationships with artists.
Our activities follow 4 directions:
– Curator (exhibitions and screenings) from the local to the international level,
– Art works ambassador and go-between,
– Expertise sharer: mentoring of artists and organisations, co-creation & support of festivals, jury in festival, diploma…, conferences, lectures…
– Exchange of knowledges: publications, workshops, symposiums…
On the axe of cultural and poetical rights, our goal is to take actions so that video arts are not kept into an enclave but shared largely, to strengthen cooperation of the social and cultural spheres and to intensify the possibility of different audiences to meet (fields of art, education, social…). But our purpose is also to understand what are the political, economic, cultural challenges of the Euro-Mediterranean Region in order to get the necessary distance to perform as an actor of the word of arts and culture.
We therefor act in 3 directions:
– Image education & participation: video art awareness workshop, conversation tour of exhibitions, popular art galleries, the Programm’actors collaborative project…
– Art, citizenship & civil society: collective commitments with REF (Euromed network France), Ligue de l’Enseignement13 (Popular education), Territoires Solidaires, co-organisation of workshops (Libyan, Syrian youths), public encounters, forums, panel discussions…)
– De-compartmentalisation / Cultural biodiversity
Who are the members ?
The activities of the association are made possible thanks to the commitment of the volunteers, whose competencies and sensitivities are multiple: education, arts, culture, social work, and who are involved in the daily life of the structure as well as in the artistic project, together with the more permanent team.
Jean-Jacques Blanc (Musician, singer, comedian)
David Bouvard (Artist)
Ella Carrara (Production)
Nadège Cormier (Nurse)
Sophie Charlotte Gautier ( Film maker and producer)
Willy Legaud (Teacher school of arts, graphic designer, webmaster & President of the association)
Chantal Maire (Co-founder of the festival )
Vincent Makowski (Net art artist, graphic designer)
Gabriel Mattei (Student)
Jean-François Moulin (Doctor)
Sophie Poulard (Managing Director HAS)
Thomas Rolin (Coach in education)
Sara-Lou Berthelot (public services mission, in charge of the relations with the audiences )
Samuel Bester (film maker, technical coordinator)
Marc Mercier (co-founder and artistic director of thefestival, film maker, writer, video art critic)
Naïk M’Sili (co-director)
Tiffanie Taveau (in charge of the relations with the audiences)