Les Instants Vidéo Numériques et poétiques is a non-profit art organisation (association law 1901) that inherited from the international Festival Les Instants Vidéo founded in 1988 in Manosque and based in Marseille since 2004.
Our project Thought & practice of images is developed around two priorities that overlap, interact and enrich one another, and which links are inseparable and unbreakable: one is artistic and the other in related to cultural & poetical rights.
On the artistic level, our task is to report publicly on the evolution of digital and video art creation either by the presentation of works, or with poetical and theoretical contributions, to support and promote artistic creation and to enhance the visibility of emerging artists locally as well as internationally, to develop and sustain long-standing and occasional partnerships with artistic and cultural organisations, to build lasting relationships with artists.
Our activities follow 4 directions:
– Curator (exhibitions and screenings) from the local to the international level,
– Art works ambassador and go-between,
– Expertise sharer: mentoring of artists and organisations, co-creation & support of festivals, jury in festival, diploma…, conferences, lectures…
– Exchange of knowledges: publications, workshops, symposiums…
On the axe of cultural and poetical rights, our will is to take actions so that video arts are not kept into an enclave but shared largely, but also to intensify the possibilities of encounters between a multiplicity and diversity of persons (fields of art, education, social…).
But our purpose is also to understand what are the political, economic, cultural challenges of the Euro-Mediterranean Region in order to get the necessary distance to perform as an actor of the word of arts and culture.
We therefor act in 3 directions:
– Image education & participation: video art awareness workshop, conversation tour of exhibitions, popular art galleries, the Programm’actors collaborative project…
– Art, citizenship & civil society: collective commitments with REF (Euromed network France), Ligue de l’Enseignement13 (Popular education), Territoires Solidaires, co-organisation of workshops (Libyan, Syrian youths), public encounters, forums, panel discussions…)
– De-compartmentalisation / Cultural biodiversity
Who are the members ?
The activities of the association are made possible thanks to the commitment of the volunteers, whose competencies and sensitivities are multiple: education, arts, culture, social work, health… and who are involved in the daily life of the structure as well as in the artistic project, together with the more permanent team.
Our board is composed by:
Jako Blanc (Musician, singer, comedian)
Ella Carrara (Production)
Nadège Cormier (Nurse)
Patrice Garnero (Nurse)
Sophie Charlotte Gautier ( Film maker and producer)
Yann Gicquel (Textile designer)
Willy Legaud (Teacher school of arts, graphic designer, webmaster)
Vincent Makowski (Net art artist, graphic designer)
Emilie Marchand (Student)
Gabriel Mattei (PhD Student)
Sophie Poulard (Managing Director in the social field & President of the association)
Samuel Bester (technical coordination and scenography)
Juliette Dulcamara (production assistant)
Naïk M’Sili (direction)
Tiffanie Taveau (relations with the audiences)
From 2022 on, a collective of 4 persons who has the responsibility of the artistic choices for the association: Tiffanie Taveau, Samuel Bester, Jako Blanc, Willy Legaud.
Together they say: “To share the artistic responsibility, is to introduce horizontality in the process of fabrication of the festival, as well as in the relations with the artists. Our job is to reveal art works, to open perspectives, to push back the boundaries (even to wipe them out), to make connections, and also to stay open to what we do not know yet, what is beyond us, what overwhelms us. What is all-important is the art works and the artists (…)”.